Has it really been so long since I have posted?! Well, surprise, with my fitness goals, I have not been consistent at all. It has been very hectic and busy the last two months. For some of the excuses you can read the small print. (We have had several visitors, been out of town and the hubby graduated from law school and is now gone 12+ hours a day studying/preparing for the Bar examination the end of this month. Also, this last semester I went back to full time graduate school in addition to being a stay-at-home mom! I found a place to practice and the agency will not only cover my internship hours but will also provide all my supervision requirements and it is a PAYING intern, Yeah! I know it is insane and it has been crazy! Things are starting to slow down. I only have 3 more projects left for school, and I am starting to see all this hard work paying off.) Well, the beginning of August I am going to be in a wedding and we are going to visit family across the country! So I am in major fitness crisis!!
I picked up this book at Barnes and Noble the other day. I felt like it would work great. "Making the Cut" by Jillian Michaels. The author is the hard core fitness trainer in the show 'The Biggest Loser". The book is for people who are already pretty fit but it is a 30 day diet and fitness plan for 'droping the last stubborn 10-20 pounds once and for all'. Which is perfect, since I fall in that range! She is known for being hard core with fitness. This is what she says at the beginning of the book:
Monday, July 13, 2009
Making the cut!
"This book is not for the faint of heart (yikes, I hope I prove not to be!) Over the next 30 days you are mine, and this is your bible. If you want to get real results from my program, and I mean incredible results, skipping any part of this book IS NOT A OPTION. Making the Cut is not some namby-pamby "lifestyle" book that's going to waffle on about moderation for "better health" and leave you with the warm fuzzies. It's about seeing how far you can go, gettin a little crazy, and maybe along the way making that ex of yours want you back. You will feel strong. You will be strong. 'Making the Cut' is about to make it happen. The bottom line? It's about getting in the best shape of your life-so channel that inner bada$$, and let's get ripped!"
I read some reviews and started reading the book. Several people took the challenge and loved the results, but did say it really was difficult mentally and physically. Honestly, it didn't seem too difficult and the book has everything laid out for you, even a grocery list. So I thought this will be great. Today I started with the first circuit training. Let me tell you that I learned just because you can read and understand the exercises does not make it easy! This workout kicked my BUTT! I was sweating hardcore after 4 minutes into it. I am excited though. Today, I will finish buying the groceries. IF ANYBODY WANTS TO BE ACCOUNTABLE (suffer) WITH ME FOR 30 DAYS AND LOOK SMOKING HOT AFTERWARDS JUST LET ME KNOW :) I will keep updates posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment