Sunday, August 2, 2009

When life gives your goals a detour...

Pick back up as soon as you can.

That has been my motto for the past two weeks as I have not been able to accomplish any of my health/fitness goals. It has been a very very stressful two weeks. During the last two weeks, my husband was studying for 14+ hours a day for the bar examination which he left town for 3 days this last week to take. I had several demanding research projects that were due this past week to finish my semester of graduate school. I also had my deadlines to submit in order to get completed before the end of last week in order to be approved for my internship. Last week I was able to manage 2 early morning runs when the husband was in town and I could get out while the him and the baby were asleep. This week I was only able to fit in one on thursday after the husband got back into town. In addition to all that we had going on, my poor sweet baby became very ill. I took him to the dr. to find out that he had herpangina! Apparently it is a common childhood virus. Adults don't get it as their immune systems are advanced. Anyways, he had a horrible fever for 3 days it was so sad. He had no energy, cried and was very clingy. Then he developed fever blisters inside his mouth and down his throat. How sad is that! So he wouldn't eat either because it was too painful. So I was awake 24/7 with him. He only slept for a couple hours at a time which is when I worked on my deadlines night and day. When he was awake he just wanted me to hold him and he would play with his toys for about 45 min in the which I would lay on the floor next to him and get a little bit of rest. He is feeling better now which I am so glad. I was so afraid that he was going to get dehydrated. I am not sure how he got it the only thing I can think of is that my gym has a baby watch where he can be watched while I work out. So now that I am super paranoid I guess I will have to get used to getting up super early while the husband and baby are still asleep to go to the gym. Anyways, I will start back up with my fitness (Jillian)/running goals again this week. I am also going to start training for a 1/2 marathon. This weekend will be exciting, I have my running partner's wedding to go to and on sunday we head West for 2 weeks to see family.

1 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Becca! Wow. So much going on. I know the feeling. You're doing great jumping back in there. I hope the baby is better and that your hubbie passes the bar exam on his first attempt!! Take care. I'm following your blog now. :)