Saturday, March 28, 2009

Monument ave 10k















This race is probably my favorite 10k race I have run so far. There was great crowd support and bands playing on every mile so there was a lot of energy which is always fun at a race.
I did pretty well considering I stayed inside most of the winter snuggling little baby C (my newest fan) rather then actually hitting the pavement and training. I don't think I have even run 6 miles since baby C was born! I finished in 1 hour and 38 seconds which equals 09 minute 45 second minute miles.
Here is a video clip Cory caught of me running the last stretch of the race (you can see the finish line at the end):

This picture was taken shortly after I completed the race:
This race has become one of the premier 10k races in the nation. It is known as the 4th best 10k race with over 32 thousand participants this year. It is located on the famous Monument Avenue in Richmond, Virginia. It is one of America's most beautiful boulevards, and is the only street in the United States that is a National Historic Landmark. The historic monuments memorializes Virginian native Confederate participants of the Civil War.

Below are the some of the monuments:

Stonewall Jackson: Robert E Lee: Jefferson Davis:

0 comments: