The end of March, I ran the Marine Corps Race to Register 10k. It is a race that when you finish you automatically get a spot saved in the 35th Marine Corps Marathon, which is the 4th largest marathon in the country, and the 8th largest marathon in the world! After registration opened in April, 6 days later, it sold out!

I ran with some awesome running ladies I met this winter who I will be training with. Don't be fooled by our exciting victory dance below, I was in PAIN. (still having problems w/ my ITB) That is right, I ran this race hard. Which is bad, when you are lazy all winter and replace fat for muscle and don't train properly. My ITB flared up which has in the past. So for the next couple of months I am going to be getting my butt back into shape and conditioned so that I will not become vulnerable for a injury while training all summer!

My cute family out to support me...

This race was amazing, despite flaring up an old ITB injury. I pushed very hard mentally in this race. I was literally crying the last 2 miles, because my ITB hurt SO bad! I stopped several times to stretch but it wasn't helping. Well, a guy was running past me, and he started shouting, his drive pushed me forward and I started shouting also, and despite my intense pain and desire to stop, I started shouting and sprinted the last 200 yards or so finishing under an hour! Gotta love mind over matter victories!! :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment